Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology Patient Care
The Division of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology introduced a new patient-centered health care delivery program for patients with diabetes mellitus that aims to improve disease outcomes and quality of care. The division prides itself for having a team of endocrinologists who address complex endocrine disorders, including diabetes mellitus and other diseases affecting the thyroid, bone, the pituitary and the adrenal glands, as well as sex hormones. The out-patient services are available at the UH Case Medical Center as well as at our Chagrin-Highland facility. The clinical program of the Division includes well-established Clinical Centers of Excellence that have achieved national and international recognition. These Centers include the following:
- Pituitary Center has been established to represent the long-standing cooperative work between endocrinologists, neurosurgeons, neuro-ophthalmologists in the integrated management for all patients with hypothalamic or pituitary diseases. The center has been active in many important clinical research investigations that provided new insights into the pathophysiology of many pituitary diseases.
- Thyroid Center is focused on the integrated management of patients with thyroid illnesses.
- Diabetes Research Center was established in 1997. Research in this center is focused on microvascular complications of diabetes. This is a true interdepartmental activity as participating faculty are members of several Departments within the institution. Director: Timothy Kern, MD.
Director: Baha M. Arafah, MD
Faculty: Warren Selman, MD (Neurological Surgery); Robert Tomsak, MD (Neuro-Ophthalmology); Robert Tarr, MD (Neuro-Radiology).
Medical Director: Baha M. Arafah, MD
Faculty: Pierre Lavertu, MD (Head & Neck Surgery /ENT); James O’Donnell, MD (Nuclear Medicine); Faramarz Ismail-Beigi, MD, PhD (Medicine)
- Diabetes Inpatient Management Center focuses improved glycemic control for the entire inpatient population, particularly those in the intensive care unit.
The Division of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology is comprised of:
- 5 Attending Physicians
- 6 Fellows
- 1 Diabetic Nurse Educator
- 1 Registered Dietitian
To schedule an appointment please call (216)844-8500.