Research in the division is focused on the following themes:
- Delirium - research is focused on delirium prevention and memory loss in hospitalized older patients.
- Care Transitions – research projects study transitions of patients from the hospital to a nursing facility or home, as well as from skilled nursing facility to community. Research is specifically focused on reducing readmission rates through education of patients and care-givers.
- Vaccine – research in concentrated on increasing vaccination rates in outpatient population and improving vaccine uptake.
- Antibiotic Stewardship – research is looking at ways to reduce the use of unnecessary antibiotics and opportunistic infections related to antibiotics.
- Patient engagement – research geared toward encouraging and empowering patients to speak up when they have questions or concerns about their health.