Evaluation of an alcohol-based power sanitizing system
"Evaluation of an alcohol-based power sanitizing system for decontamination of hospital rooms of patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriage"
Am J Infect Control. 2010 Apr
Jury LA, Cadnum JL, Jennings-Sanders A, Eckstein EC, Chang S, Donskey CJ.
Geriatric Research Center, Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland
A power sanitizing system that delivers a sanitizing mist of alcohol, rendered nonflammable by a carbon dioxide carrier, and a low concentration of quaternary ammonium compound, was easy to use, provided thorough coverage of surfaces, and significantly reduced vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus contamination on commonly touched hospital surfaces. However, it was not as consistently effective for elimination of pathogens as 10% bleach solution.
- Division Chief Message
- Past Year in Review
- Penicillin sulfone inhibitors of class D beta-lactamases
- In vitro activity of penem-1 in combination with beta-lactams against blaKPC-possessing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates.
- Evaluation of an alcohol-based power sanitizing system
- Saline Nebulization before Gastric Lavage in the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Children and Adolescents
- Preserved MHC class II antigen processing in monocytes from HIV-infected individuals
- Acinetobacter baumannii-associated skin and soft tissue infections
- Streptococcus anginosus Pyomyositis in a 50-Year-Old Man with Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
- Antibiotic resistance determinants in Acinetobacter spp and clinical outcomes
- Influenza-Induced Production of Interferon-Alpha is Defective in Geriatric Individuals
- Enhancing resistance to cephalosporins in class C beta-lactamases
- Three decades of beta-lactamase inhibitors
- In vitro activity of fosfomycin against blaKPC-containing Klebsiella pneumoniae isolates
- Persistence of skin contamination & environmental shedding of Clostridium difficile
- Comparative description of haplotype structure and genetic diversity of MDR1
- Inhibition of the class C beta-lactamase from Acinetobacter spp.: insights into effective inhibitor design
- Inhibitor resistance in the KPC-2 beta-lactamase, a preeminent property of this class A beta-lactamase
- Increased tissue factor expression on circulating monocytes in chronic HIV infection
- The Fight Against TB
- Patient Care
- Fellowship Program